1. All sitters must be dedicated and sit on a regular basis. Sitters should keep to the same seats each week when sitting in the circle.
2. The energies of the sitters must harmonize and of the highest intentions.
3. No Jewelry to be worn
4. Try to wear the same clean dark clothing each week. It has been found that garments retain the energies of the séance and contribute to the subsequent sittings.
5. Do not eat anything for a few hours before the sitting; Spirit works best on an empty stomach.
6. Black out the room as much as possible allowing no chinks of light to seep through.
7. Keep the room clean, this is important.
8. Set a start and finish time and stick to those times.
9. During the session you might smell perfumes and different aromas, to be sure it is from the spirit world avoid wearing perfumes, aftershave, using scented soap and perfumed deodorant.
10. Do not take any personal items into the room, just yourselves.
11. Place a trumpet with an illuminous band around the bottom and a small bell in front of the cabinet. Put them on a small black board or piece of cardboard and draw a circle around them individually, so if they are moved slightly you will be able to see at the end of the sitting. A little bell or rattle is a good idea too.
12. Tape record the session; you might get EVP in the early days also to hear any trance communications and later hopefully direct voice.
13. Sing a few songs to keep the vibrations up, in the silences listen and acknowledge any noises, touches and anything seen.
14. Always acknowledge any raps, taps, pin pricks of light, orbs etc
15. Be patient. Physical circles take a long time to develop, they take a lot of dedication and could take months of sitting in circle before you get any signs. When the circle starts achieving results, things should start to speed up however it can take years for the spirit world to perfect certain things. This is an ongoing development as all mediumship. However to watch your circle grow and receive communication and evidence on a weekly basis is an honour in itself.
16. Always open in prayer, stating the invocation and asking for the highest help and protection.
17. If possible keep the room for physical only.
18. The room should be clear, with minimal furniture and just the items you are using for the spirit world to use.
19. Place in the room a vase of fresh flowers or a plant and a bowl of water. It has been said that the unseen operators obtain power from the medium, sitters, flowers, water and the air.
20. In the old days water was poured through the trumpet before the sitting as this helped the spirit world when sitting for direct voice through the trumpet.
21. Have a red or blue light in a lamp on a dimmer switch to use for transfiguration or if it is requested. Keep it by the leader so if you do require it you do not break the circle. Be extra careful with the light as this affects the ectoplasm and the medium this will rebound back into the medium with great force and cause them damage.
22. Appoint a circle leader, what they say goes. They will be impressed on how to run the circle and their word is law. They should be very knowledgeable about the trance.
23. When the medium is announced, the circle leader will devote the sitting to the highest good of the medium.
24. All sitters should send all their love to the developing medium and MUST NOT sit for themselves as this will interfere with the progress of the phenomena and the whole circle,
25. Always Close in Prayer in Thanks.
When you know who the medium is, it would be a good idea to erect some sort of cabinet if possible. Curtains put in a corner is a good idea, shower rail or curtain pole will act as a cabinet, the pole is best if your room is in use as a family room as you can just unhook it and your room will be back as normal apart from the fastenings on the ceiling. The curtains should be easy to draw aside.
The medium sits in the cabinet with the curtains either open or closed depending on the instructions that you receive or if you haven’t any the circle leader should decide. It is the energy taken from the sitters that is gathered within the cabinet for the unseen operators that work with the circle to use and experiment with.
Many physical mediums go into a deep trance state but some do not but are still in an altered state on consciousness. I suggest that the medium goes with the flow and allow things to evolve when ready. The developing medium should not be pressured by the circle members or try to pressure them selves into the trance state as this will only hold them back.
Set a time to finish at the beginning, 1-2 hours is long enough to sit for development, however if the medium is unconscious wait till they come around and then the meeting has ended.
When closing a circle always end in a prayer. Stay put for a few minutes waiting for the energies to settle, and then leave the room to discuss the night’s events. Tea and biscuits is good to bring the sugar levels up.
All the above are just guide lines, when the control comes through they will give the directions. Until then I hope this helps. Just enjoy your time with the spirit world and remember as you give so you receive.
Please note if you are using these guide lines, you do so of your own freewill and you except full responsibility. Over 18’s only.